updated October 2023
1. PUBLICATION OF THE SITE
This Site https://www.mansa-musik.com/ (hereinafter the “Site”) MMG,
whose head office is located in Sao Vicente, Cape Verde
Publication director: Mr. Brice Sahuie.
2. PERSONAL DATA – CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
KEY POINTS :
• We use your personal data to allow you to benefit from all the features of our Site, to subscribe to the newsletter and the online store, and to provide you with requested content relating to our music and our other offers.
• Our main Site and our artist sites may have interactive functions connected to certain social networks, such as Facebook or Twitter. If you use these functions, these sites will send us personal data about you.
• Most of our content is not aimed at children. We do not knowingly collect personal data relating to minors under the age of 18 and we may ask you your age before you subscribe to our newsletters or before you access our content.
• If you give us permission, we will send you information and promotional content about Mansa Musik group and our artists. You can change your mind at any time and also ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling.
This policy also sets out the circumstances in which we process your personal data in pursuit of our legitimate interests. At any time you can ask us to stop processing your data.
• We make your personal data public when you post content via our sites and applications. We only share your personal data with our business partners and affiliates when you have consented to this. We also share your data with the artists and, where applicable, their producer, when you have consented and to any third parties that we engage to process the data on our behalf (such as the host or operator of our site, sending emails or carrying out data analyses) or when such sharing is required by law, or in certain specific situations.
• We may transfer certain personal data to the United States and other countries outside the African Area where our administration is domiciled.
In order to protect your data and ours, we monitor the use of this Site, and we use the information we collect, including personal data, to identify any fraudulent activity or transaction, prevent related abuse, and investigate and/or prosecute each potential threat or abusive use of the Site, ensure compliance with the legal notices and the confidentiality policy and any other measure aimed at protecting the rights and property of Sony Music, its partners, its participants and his clients. Monitoring may result in the collection, recording and analysis of online activity and/or communications through the Site.
3. YOUR RIGHTS
Wherever we have obtained your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw it, at any time, subject to cases where we have other legal grounds to process your data for other purposes (as set out below).
At any time, you have the absolute right to withdraw your consent to profiling and direct marketing.
In application of the “Informatique et Libertés” law of January 6, 1978 as amended and the general data protection regulations (GDPR) which came into force on May 25, 2018, you have a right of access, rectification and withdrawal. personal data concerning you to Mansa Musik group, the sole recipient of this information and for the sole purpose of use within the framework of this Site.
You can request a copy of your personal data and obtain it in a readable, structured and commonly used format, as well as correct it, delete it or restrict its processing.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (including where we do not need to process your data for contractual or legal purposes, or where we use your data for profiling or direct marketing purposes).
4. DATA RELATING TO MINORS
We inform you that you must be at least 18 years old to register on our Site and to subscribe to our newsletters. Please do not register if you are not yet 18 years old.
We do not attempt to collect personal data from minors under the age of 18; If you believe that we have collected any data without our knowledge, please contact us immediately so that this data can be deleted.
NOTE TO PARENTS
Parents should supervise their children's online activities. We invite them to use a parental control tool available in particular online, which will help them provide their children with a secure environment. These tools make it possible in particular to dissuade minors from communicating their name, first name, address and other personal information online without prior parental authorization.
5. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect and process the personal data that you send to us via the forms you fill out on our Site or when you contact us. This includes in particular any information provided when registering on the Site, when you subscribe to our offers and services (such as newsletters and our online stores), purchase a download, share content or request additional services.
The data that must be provided is clearly indicated on the form you complete. If you do not provide them, you will not be able to continue your registration on the Site or the application, nor participate in a competition, nor interact with Mansa musik or its artists. Any other information you provide is optional.
In addition to the collection of data where applicable via any form that you complete online (newsletter, subscription to offers), we inform you that data may also be collected during your navigation on our Site via technological means aimed at improving your browsing experience, measure our audience and offer targeted advertising. In the context of this document, all these technological means (such as cookies, web beacons known as invisible pixel internet beacons, log files known as connection histories, etc.) will be referred to as “cookies”. These cookies can sometimes come from third parties: in this case, we have no control over them.
We sometimes receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you use the “like” or “share” button on content on our Site or our application, the third party will transmit information to us. If you participate in activities on other sites or applications (such as a Facebook application), you allow us to access your personal data held by Facebook or other sites or applications.
If we provide services to a minor (for whom parental authorization is required), we will ask for the parents' email address in order to obtain their consent.
A. DATA COLLECTED THROUGH COOKIES
1) WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small computer files containing certain information that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. On each subsequent visit, cookies will be relayed either to the website you originally visited, or to any other site that recognizes them. Cookies are useful because they allow a site to recognize the user's device without identifying the user.
Cookies help us to improve our Site and provide you with a better, more personalized service, for example by storing information about your preferences and allowing us to recognize you on subsequent visits.
The information we collect may include IP address, browser version, number of visits, the pages you access and your viewing preferences.
2) WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE ON OUR WEBSITE?
On our Site, we use the following categories of cookies:
• Category 1: Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to navigate the Site, use its features and access secure areas and cannot be disabled in our systems. They are generally set in response to actions you have taken (for example, refusing certain cookies). You can configure your browser to block or be informed of the existence of these cookies, but certain parts of the website may be affected. These cookies do not store any personally identifying information. We do not use them to collect information about you which could be used to target you, advertise or remember your internet browsing.
• Category 2: Performance cookies
These cookies allow us to determine the number of visits and traffic sources, in order to measure and improve the performance of our Site. They also help us identify the most and least visited pages, evaluate how visitors navigate the Site and be informed if an error message is displayed on the Site. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymized. If you do not accept these cookies, we will not be informed of your visit to our site.
• Category 3: Functional cookies
These cookies make it possible to improve and personalize the functionality of the Site. They memorize parameters about you such as the country from which you visited the Site, and the language used, without ever tracking your browsing activity on other sites. This information can then be used to make your visits more personalized and pleasant and may be made anonymous. They can be activated by our teams, or by third parties whose services are used on the pages of our site. If you do not accept these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly.
• Category 4: Cookies for targeted advertising and social media cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits, memorizing the websites visited in order to make the advertising offered to you more relevant to your interests. This information may be shared with third parties such as advertisers. They are used both to limit the number of appearances of an ad or an advertising campaign and to measure its effectiveness. Cookies are generally placed by a third-party advertising company with the consent of the website operator and are often linked to a site functionality provided by a third-party organization. They do not directly store personal data, but are based on the unique identification of your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, your advertising will be less targeted.
B. USE OF “INVISIBLE PIXEL” INTERNET BEACONS
Some of our web pages may contain electronic images called “invisible pixels” (or web bugs, web beacons, etc.), which allow us to count the number of visitors. These web beacons only collect a limited amount of information including the number of cookies, time and date of visit to the web page, and description of the page visited. These web beacons do not collect personal data and are only used to verify the effectiveness of a campaign.
Your consent is required prior to the installation of cookies on your equipment.
When visiting our Site for the first time, you will see a banner relating to cookies, offering you different options: “Allow all”, “Refuse all” or “Customize” your preferences.
By clicking on “Allow all” you accept the storage of cookies to improve navigation on our Site, analyze its use and contribute to our marketing efforts.
Finally, you can customize your preferences by clicking “Personalize”. For each category of cookies, with the exception of strictly necessary cookies, you can choose to authorize them. By default, they will not be installed on your hardware. For each category of cookie, you will be able to view the list of cookies likely to be installed with your consent. If you wish to authorize only some of them, you can select them, or if you wish, check the “Allow all consents” box if you accept all cookies in a category. You can then validate your choice by clicking on the “confirm selection” button.
Whatever permissions you have granted us, you can withdraw them in whole or in part at any time, including for cookies already installed by configuring your browser for this purpose.
1. TRANSMISSION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA VIA THE INTERNET
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Any transmission is therefore under your entire responsibility. When we receive your personal data, we use rigorous procedures and security to try to prevent unauthorized access. However, we cannot guarantee that any information you submit to us will be protected from intrusion by an unauthorized third party. When we send you a password allowing you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for its confidentiality. Please do not communicate this to anyone.
2. WHERE IS YOUR DATA STORED OR TRANSFERRED?
The data we collect may be transferred to or stored in the United States or another country outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This is for example the case if the service provider is located outside the EEA.
When this data is transferred or stored in a country outside the EEA and in which personal data is not protected by a law conferring a level of protection of personal data equivalent to that imposed by European regulations, we take all the measures necessary to ensure that your data is only lawfully transferred outside the EEA, for example by ensuring that any service provider outside the EEA guarantees a sufficient level of security, in particular through standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, or to appropriate protection or to the establishment of binding corporate rules.
3. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data collected on our Site in the manner
(1) to fulfill our obligations arising from a contract binding us or to take measures linked to a contract, namely:
a) process your registration on one of our sites or applications, or your participation in a competition that we organize,
(2) whenever necessary in the context of the purposes pursued for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, namely:
a) provide you with access to the content of our sites or applications in the most efficient way (display, navigation, etc.),
b) provide you with the information, products or services that you have requested from us (or, where applicable, requested from our partners),
c) guarantee the security of our sites or applications, by attempting to prevent any malicious or unauthorized activity,
e) provide you with personalized content, advertisements and offers and allow you, if you wish, to participate interactively in our services.
(3) when you give us your consent:
a) by asking us to send you information via a medium collecting your consent (for example, a marketing email),
b) authorizing us to share your data with third parties, such as artists, who may send you newsletters or other marketing solicitation messages,
c) by giving us your consent to the installation of cookies and the use of similar technologies.
(4) for any purpose required by law:
d) when we need parental consent to provide online services to minors under 18 years of age. However, our sites and applications are generally not designed for minors under the age of 18,
e) to respond to requests from government authorities or police conducting an investigation.
4. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Any content you post on our site or app will appear publicly.
Subject to your prior authorization and when necessary, we may transmit data concerning you:
• To our affiliates (all Mansa Musik Group companies located in the following territories: African, European, American, to access providers and other technical service providers. If you consent to this when registering on our Site, we may share your data personal with other affiliated companies for prospecting purposes;
• To our artists (including the natural and/or legal person in charge of managing their interests) for whom you have expressed your interest and have consented to direct marketing and who will use them in accordance with our policy, to inform you of their news ;
• To all third parties in the event of a transfer of activity from Mansa Musik whatever the form (contribution, transfer, merger, liquidation, etc.);
• To all third parties for statistical purposes that do not individualize people (demographic, geographic, age-based data, etc.). No personal data (such as name or email address) will be identifiable in these statistics;
• In certain special circumstances justified by legal, judicial or public order requirements. This may be the case when we believe that disclosing this data is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing damage or infringing (intentionally or unintentionally) on the rights or property of our affiliates and/or or artists. Personal data may be shared with government and/or police authorities if this is required for the above purposes, or required by law or required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests, in accordance with applicable laws,
• To our suppliers in particular in the context of competitions and draws in which you participate when all or part of the administration of the competition is managed by a third party supplier. This may also mean that your personal data will be included in a list of winners. We also share it with third parties who perform tasks on our behalf, such as hosting and operating our Site and applications, sending emails and performing data analysis.
5. DATA RETENTION DURATION
When we collect data in connection with your registration or connection to our Site, we retain it for as long as you are an active user of our Site.
Where your data is collected for direct marketing purposes and/or with your consent, we retain it for a period of two years following our request until you object to the processing of your data (including for the brief period necessary to take your request into account). However, we keep a record of your request in order to respect your wishes.
When we process personal data as part of the execution of a contract, an e-commerce transaction or a competition, we keep said data for as long as the law requires us to do so.
6. HYPERTEXT LINKS
We invite you to visit this page regularly.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Site and all of its content (including in particular sounds, texts, information, images, brands, logos, distinctive signs, software, etc.) are subject to French and international legislation on copyright and property. intellectual property, and are the exclusive property of Mansa Musik Group and/or its partners.
Without prior and express authorization from Mansa Musik Group, the representation or reproduction (including in particular any translation, adaptation, transformation, arrangement, etc.), by any process whatsoever, of all or part of this Site or the elements which constitute it is formally prohibited and would, if applicable, constitute an act of counterfeiting punishable in particular by articles L.335-2 et seq. and L.716-1 et seq. of the Intellectual Property Code.